Friday 16 March 2012

[readwritertreat] Re: Look back at movie going

I am now two years into my new relationship with Borderlines Film Festival - no longer just an enthusiastic film goer - now a guest blogger who needs to pay a different kind of attention to what she is seeing on the screen.  This new role has enriched my experience of  Borderlines and made me more aware, not just of which films I would like to see, but also how hard the organisers work to make it happen.  It is quite a feat to bring new and also less widely shown films to every corner of Herefordshire and Shropshire during an almost three week jamboree of cinema.   Based at The Courtyard Theatre in Hereford, films are shown in remote village halls along the Welsh Borders where this year the locally filmed Resistance was a particular hit.


As a blogger I have also attempted to capture some of the atmosphere of the festival.  The enthusiastic drinkers and diners, the garrulous audience members sharing their impressions and the friendly volunteer staff reminding us to hand in our post-film feedback!  


To show my serious intent, I even signed up to be a friend of the Courtyard this year.   

No comments: