Sunday 27 March 2011

Sunday afternoon with Chico and Rita

Back at the Courtyard - this time to see Fernando Trueba and Javier Mariscal's film Chico And Rita which proved to be the perfect way to spend a grey Sunday afternoon.  As the notes put it  "It's a film full of music and love and sensuality and colour", but I wasn't prepared for the amazing quality of the hand drawn animation with all the stunning period details.   The music alone would have made this film worth a visit - echoes of the Buena Vista Social Club resound throughout.
As a hopeless romantic I had tears in my eyes as I left the theatre.  Another audience member noticed my tears and said that she thought I should see My afternoons with Margueritte as I would be sure to cry by the end!
Posted by WriteRetreat
Photographs:
Rural signpost to Borderlines Venue
Another lunchtime, another band
Film buffs of all ages

No comments: