Friday 28 March 2008

Good weather for films

The first day of the festival and the weather is perfect for watching films: grey skies, intermittent rain and high winds, cold but not freezing. Enough to drive you into a hospitable darkened room but not too inclement to prevent venturing out at all.

I'm off to introduce the film (And When Did You Last See Your Father?) at Moccas Village Hall this evening. I'm equipped with a Borderlines pop-up banner, a stash of Wye Valley Brewery Dorothy Goodbody's Springtime Ale (courtesy of the Rural Media Company and not purely for my own consumption, I hasten to add), my camera, a DVD of the newly commissioned festival trailer and a bottle-opener (just in case). And most of the rest of the Borderlines board are similarly spread across the countryside, popping up at Flicks in the Sticks venues in Bodenham, Little Dewchurch, Bosbury, Ledbury, Garway, Gorsley, Burghill and Ewyas Harold.

No comments: